Why Kardex Remstar?
Kardex Remstar is the worldwide leader in automated storage and retrieval systems. Our products and systems are designed to increase productivity and accuracy while creating additional space.
Shuttle XP VLM ™ (Vertical Lift Module)
High Density Storage in a Compact Footprint
Kardex Remstar is proud to offer a full line of automated vertical lift modules. From basic stand alone units designed to increase storage density to integrated vertical lift systems designed to increase productivity and gain efficiencies we can provide a solution for your application.
A vertical lift module (VLM) is an enclosed system of vertically arranged trays, an extraction platform and a series of computerized controls that delivers goods to an ergonomically positioned workstation where an operator picks or replenishes the goods. The VLM automatically locates stored goods and retrieves trays from both the front and back of the unit with a push of a button or a scan of a bar code.
All VLMs feature CubeStar(r) technology. Using CubeStar technology, the height of each tray is measured as the tray is put away and the VLM stores the tray in the least amount of space required, maximizing storage density within the unit.
Element VLM ™ (Vertical Lift Module)
Vertical Lift Module for Basic Storage
The Element Vertical Lift Module is the latest addition to a long line of existing Kardex Remstar Vertical Lift Modules. Designed with simplicity and quality at its core, the Element VLM is the perfect solution for stepping out of shelving and into dynamic storage. This low cost model is used where more expensive options are not required.
Benefits At A Glance
- Flexible: CubeStar technology maximizes the storage density, providing up to 72% more storage capacity compared to standard shelving.
- Practical: Utilizing the basic concept of a vertical lift module The Element VLM is practical solution that is quick and easy to implement.
- Affordable: Priced as an affordable entry level step into automated storage and retrieval.
- Modular: Ranging in height from 13 feet to 26 feet, height can be easliy added or subtracted in 19.6 inch increments.
- Easy: Easy to operate controls allow the operator to retrieve goods with the push of a button.
- Fast: All stored goods are delivered directly to the access opening eliminating walking and searching associated with typical shelving.
- Mobile: The Element VLM can easily be relocated in the future anywhere in your facility.
- Safe: Multiple safety and protection systems protect the operator as well as the stored goods.
Megamat RS Vertical Carousel
The Megamat vertical carousel is proven technology for handling goods while providing worker safety, product security and maximum use of overhead space; recovering up to 75% of the floor space required for traditional shelving systems. Designed using the “goods to person” principle, it has a track record of saving customers thousands of man hours leading to increased productivity.
Vertical carousels consist of a series of movable shelves that rotate around a track via the shortest path to deliver selected goods safely and quickly to an ergonomically positioned access point at your command.
Vertical carousels are available in a wide range of heights, depths and widths to meet virtually any storage and retrieval requirement. They are compatible with an entire suite of software and controls to meet standard and unique applications.
Fast & Accurate Picking
The horizontal carousel eliminates unproductive travel and search times using software controlled picking sequences to deliver stored goods efficiently to the operator; speeding up picking times and increasing throughput. Combined with pick to light technology; the operator is directed to the exact location of each pick improving accuracy rates to 99.9%
The Kardex Remstar horizontal carousels consist of an oval track supporting rotating bins with shelves that deliver stored goods to the operator.
To futher increase picking times, two or more horizontal carousels are often used in an integrated workstation with software and pick to light technology to perform batch picking. This batch picking configuration allows an operator to pick from one active carousel while the others are pre-positioning the next pick for the moment the operator is ready. The operator picks the total SKU quantity for all orders in the batch, and distributes the SKU quantity among all of the orders; only visiting that SKU location one time during picking. Batch picking multiple orders at one time can increase productivity up to 66%.
Pick To light
QuickPick(r) Family of Pick-to-Light Products
Whether you are picking or putting, accuracy and speed are the two factors every operation must balance.
Pick-to-Light technology assists operators with four basic functions:
- Picking a specific or active item
- Putting an item in an active order or location.
- Communicating a message such as a quantity, description, etc.
- Completing the task and moving to the next task.
Kardex Remstar offers an entire family of pick-to-light products designed to direct a picker to an exact location quickly and accurately. Each product has been designed to reach 100% accuracy and increase productivity.
Power Pick Global Software
Intelligent Software Control Kardex Remstar offers a broad range of software solutions. From our own suite of “plug & play” Power Pick Global (PPG) inventory management software and middleware to customized solutions, Kardex Remstar has been providing software solutions for decades.
PPG provides flexible solutions and user-friendly software design provides maximum flexibility to a multitude of applications.
We offer industrial software solutions including our core product Keytec. Keytec includes functions for convenient management of users, rights, materials (Parts), locations and containers. Keytec provides a long list a value added optional features that can boost productivity and data to help you run your stockroom or warehouse.
Benefits At A Glance
- Fast Installation: Plug and play design makes for quick and easy installation.
- Modular Design: Allows modules to be turned on and off with the click of a button.
- Flexible Use: Designed to grow with your business.
- User Friendly: Easy operator training.
- Maximum Density: Increases storage density within the storage unit.
- Host integration: PPG can be easy to integrate with any host platform, ERP or WMS in a variety of ways.
- Off Carousel Management: PPG can provide a number of ways to manage materials on and off the Kardex Remstar System. Hand Held devices can be integrated in to your solution